My photo
Barnaby and Loaker is a weekly webcomic published every Thursday! All characters, designs and stories are created by Gary Mackean and are subject to Copyright. Fans can contact the Gremlins at their email- barnabyandloaker@googlemail.com or to contact the creator of the strip regarding commissions and questions please feel free to use- garymackean@aol.com

Thursday 8 January 2015

"Sometimes I just don't understand this world...."



I made this image as a mark of respect for the lives lost yesterday at Charlie Hebdo in France. Charlie Hebdo is a French satirical weekly newspaper, featuring cartoons, reports, polemics, and jokes.

The publication is strongly anti-religious and left-wing. Eight Charlie Hebdo employees and two police officers were killed by three cowardly and vile masked gunmen.

It has left me with an overwhelming sense of sadness and despair at the world. So much like Barnaby here, I just don't understand this world we live in.

However the publication and the employees who lost their lives were never afraid to make things that others could interpret as offensive, I think this shows an incredible sense of courage and it's something we should all strive towards.

"I would rather die standing than live on my knees..."- Stéphane Charbonnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment